Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Raspberry Pi setup

I found Raspberry Pi,credit card-sized computer, interesting and purchased the following components for my setup:

  • DeLock Dual USB power adapter - 10.28€
  • SanDisk Extreme SDHC 16GB Class 10 - 12.74€
  • 3.5" LCD TFT Monitor - 28.40€
  • ASUS USB-N10 - 150Mbps Wireless Lan USB Adapter - £12.98
  • RII ProMini 2.4GHz Tiny Wireless Keyboard - £21.79
  • Raspberry Pi Case - £7.99/£9.98

I already had a micro-USB cable for the Pi and a 12V power adapter for the TFT. Here's a photo of my setup.


I wanted to play media easily with my Pi so I installed RaspbianXBMC to the 16Gt SD card.

http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC

I added the following lines to the config file /boot/config.txt to scale the screen on the 3.5" TFT better.

framebuffer_width=640
framebuffer_height=480

overscan_left=-30
overscan_right=-30
overscan_top=-30
overscan_bottom=-30




To get the WLAN up I entered the following commands.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wireless-tools usbutils
sudo apt-get install wpasupplicant

sudo nano /etc/wpa.conf

    network={
    ssid="ssid"
    psk="password"
    }

No comments:

Post a Comment